Light up the City and be a IY Volunteer Festival Ambassador!
Illuminating York 2013 is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join the festival team as IY Volunteer Festival Ambassadors, to make York’s annual international festival of illuminating outdoor arts a truly memorable event.
Whether you want to meet new people, make a difference in the community or just be part of something spectacular and exciting being a festival volunteer with Illuminating York is fun and open to everybody over the age of 18.
WHAT DOES VOLUNTERING INVOLVE?
As an IY Volunteer Festival Ambassador you’ll be:
- Helping audiences orientate themselves around the eclectic range of illuminating artworks spread across the city centre
- Be a friendly face for the public to approach, and help to ensure that the festival is accessible to all.
- You will join in a number of activities including:
- Carry out stewarding duties
- Be a friendly face for the public to approach
- Help to ensure that the festival is accessible to all
- Distribute and collect audience feedback forms.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a key part of one of Europe’s leading outdoor arts festivals!
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
You need to be over 18. No experience is required but we are looking for volunteers with the following skills:
- To support the festival team staff to ensure a safe and friendly event
- Honest and reliable
- Ability to work part of a team
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people in a professional manner
- Willing to help colleagues and members of the public
- Comfortable speaking with the public
- Friendly and approachable
- Ability to follow requests and tasks
- Ability to work under pressure
The festival will take place from 30 October – 2 November 2013. There are two shifts per day of the festival which are:
- 12pm to 5.30pm
- 5pm to 10.30pm
If you’d like to get involved, you must be free to volunteer for at least one shift during the festival but you can volunteer for as many shifts as you like. Many volunteers do!
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF IT?
Volunteering at Illuminating York is a fun and exciting experience. It will give you the chance to be part of a fantastic team running one of Europe’s leading outdoor arts festivals and add valuable skills and experience to your CV.
I want to volunteer so what do I need to do next?
If you are over 18, passionate about festivals and helping people, are able to smile throughout the festival and would like to light up the city by being a volunteer Festival Ambassador, you can complete the online application form here:
For more information or if you require this information in a different format please email:
We can’t guarantee the weather but we can guarantee that volunteers will have a great experience and help contribute to the success of the Festival.
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to be a key part of one of Europe’s leading outdoor arts spectacles!